5K Volunteer Coordinator Position Profile
The Girls on the Run® 5K Volunteer Coordinator must possess a passion for and commitment to improving the lives and opportunities of girls in third through eighth grades. Girls on the Run provides a safe and interactive way to learn about healthy living including introductions and education on important topics like goal setting, cooperation, healthy decision-making, and self-respect. The innovative curriculum gives girls an opportunity to listen and open up while encouraging them to commit to a healthy lifestyle and harness their inner strengths. Girls on the Run Greater Cincinnati is a 501(c)(3) organization and currently serves 13 counties in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana.
Girls on the Run believes that all girls and communities should have access to our programs. We warmly welcome the participation of any child who identifies as “girl”, non-binary or gender expansive in our programs. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, to continue creating programming that engages all communities, to be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity and to promote a culture of inclusion across the organization.
The 5K Volunteer Coordinator is a seasonal, part time position and reports to the 5K Director.
Key responsibilities within these areas include but are not limited to:
- Support 5K Director and possible collaboration with Development Director.
- Manage volunteer recruitment and placement.
- Create and manage documents for tracking volunteers and background checks.
- Ideally this person will create and manage a spreadsheet, or similar document, that they create and maintain.
- Attention to detail and clear written communication are critical skills to this role.
- Manage communication with both 5K committee volunteer leads and general volunteers via email. Response to emails in a timely manner is highly needed.
- Manage supplies for 5K committee leads and general volunteers.
- Assist with management and organization of GOTR 5K warehouse supplies.
- Attend GOTR 5K committee meetings (monthly during season).
- Assist with GOTR 5K Packet Pick up and truck loading at warehouse (day prior to the 5K).
- Will be compensated for all mileage during work hours.
- Assist with unloading GOTR 5K supplies at warehouse post-5K (same day).
- Attend GOTR 5K (Volunteer Check-in Lead) twice annually (May and November).
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Excellent project management, communication (written and oral), collaboration and team participation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability and interest in working independently and collaboratively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and CRM database (Pinwheel) is a bonus.
- Outstanding relationship building skills and the ability to quickly recruit and engage potential and current volunteers.
- Understands and embraces diversity and inclusiveness in thought, word, and actions. Exemplifies these values.
- Ability to work a varied schedule, including evenings, early mornings, and weekends, when required.
- A sense of humor is very much appreciated.
- Bravery and creativity in decision making.
- Living the Girls on the Run mission and values.
This position is part-time of 5-10 hours, offering an hourly pay of $20/hour with paid time off, 10 bank holidays, and paid time off office closure between Christmas and the New Year. Evening and weekend hours are required seasonally (various dates during 5K Season between February-May and September-November). This position is hybrid, and scheduling is completely flexible and dependent on the 5K Director and this person coming to an agreement on what works best for both parties.
To apply, please email a resume and any other pertinent information to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will be advertised until filled.